Illinois Marijuana Laws
Illinois has legalized the adult use of marijuana and has a medical marijuana program. You can find legal information for Illinois HERE.
Adult Use (recreational)
Illinois residents over the age of 21 may legally possess:
• 30 grams of cannabis flower
• 500 mg of THC in a cannabis-infused product
• 5 grams of a cannabis concentrate.
Non-residents over the age of 21 may legally possess:
• 15 grams of cannabis flower
• 250mg of THC in a cannabis-infused product
• 2.5 grams of cannabis concentrate
These totals are cumulative, meaning a person 21 years of age or older may possess a combination of
cannabis flower, cannabis-infused products, and cannabis concentrates up to the limit for each category of
Illinois Adult Use Legal Resource – CLICK HERE
Medical Cannabis Pilot Program
- A registered patient may possess two and a half ounces of cannabis per 14-day period (cannot exceed 2.5 ounces at any one time).
- Registered patients may grow up to five mature plants. **(effective January 1, 2020)**
Medical Cannabis Pilot Program Legal Resource – CLICK HERE
- CBD derived from hemp (containing less than 0.3% THC is permitted for use in Illinois without a medical card.
*** Dank Tourist is not a law firm nor do we provide legal advice. The information provided on this website is for entertainment and educational purposes only. It is your responsibility to comply with state laws and regulations. We provide links to state websites where official legal information can be found. Check the laws before using Marijuana.***